The rays of dead stars | Villiers de L'Isle-Adam (1886)

The starry sky above Paris, June 21, 1875


“There are even some stars so remote that their light will reach the Earth only when Earth 
itself is a dead planet, as they themselves are dead, so that the living Earth will never be 
visited by that forlorn ray of light, without a living source, without a living destination. 
Often on fine nights when the park of this establishment is vacant, I amuse myself with 
this marvelous instrument (telescope). I go upstairs, walk across the grass, sit on a bench 
in the Avenue of Oaks – and there, in my solitude, I enjoy the pleasure of weighing the 
rays of dead stars.” 


 Villiers de L'Isle-Adam, Tomorrow's Eve, 1886




Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...